- "Family Structure and Welfare Participation in the 1960s: The Role of Legal Services" w/ Andrew Goodman-Bacon
- “The Impact of Access to Collective Bargaining Rights on Policing and Civilian Deaths” w/ Donna Feir & Rob Gillezeau
- “The Impact of Affirmative Action Litigation on Police Killings of Civilians” w/ Robynn Cox & Alberto Ortega
- “Black Lives: The High Cost of Segregation” w/ Robynn Cox, Alberto Ortega, & Kenneth Whaley
- “Law Enforcement Officers’ Bill of Rights & Police Violence” w/ Donna Feir, Rob Gillezeau, Matthew Harvey, & Abdul Rad. 2022. American Economic Association Paper and Proceedings. Forthcoming.
- “Civil Rights Enforcement and the Racial Wage Gap” w/ Jose Joaquin Lopez. 2021. American Economic Association Paper and Proceedings. 111: 196-200
- “Financing the War on Drugs: The Impact of Law Enforcement Grants on Racial Disparities in Drug Arrests” w/ Robynn Cox. 2021. Journal of Policy Analysis and Management. 40(1), 191-224.
- “The Language of the Unheard: Legal Services and the 1960s Race Riots” 2021. Review of Black Political Economy. 48(3):255-285.
- “Don’t Shoot! The Impact of Historical African American Protest on Police Killings of Civilians” w/ Rob Gillezeau. 2021. Journal of Quantitative Criminology. 37(1), 1-34.
- “A Ferguson Effect, the Drug Epidemic, Both, or Neither? Explaining the 2015 and 2016 U.S. Homicide Rises by Race and Ethnicity” w/ S. Gaston & R. Gillezeau. 2019. Homicide Studies. 23(3), 285-313.
- “The Effects of the Neighborhood Legal Services Program on Riots and Wealth of African Americans” w/ Rob Gillezeau. 2018. RSF: Journal of Social Sciences. 4(6), 144-157.
- “Racial Differences in Police Use of Force: Evidence from 1960s Civil Disturbances.” w/ Rob Gillezeau. 2018. American Economic Association Paper and Proceedings. 108: 217-21.
- “An Evaluation of the Federal Legal Services Program: Evidence from Crime Rates and Property Values.” 2016. Journal of Urban Economics 92: 76-90.